WCG新聞帖

包含 Folding@home、Malariacontrol.net、POEM@HOME、Predictor@home、Proteins@Home、PS3GRID、Ralph@home、Rosetta@home、SciLINC@Home、SIMAP、Superlink@Technion、TANPAKU 這些專案
kaoh
單核心電腦
單核心電腦
文章: 356
註冊時間: 2006-04-20 16:27
中央處理器 CPU: Intel CORE i3-3120M
顯示卡 GPU: AMD Radeon HD 7670M
主記憶體 RAM: 4G
CPU 主力專案: Collatz Conjecture
GPU 主力專案: Moo! Wrapper
來自: 後山
聯繫:

WCG新聞帖

文章 kaoh » 2006-05-31 11:06

2006-05-30: World Community Grid - Changes to workunit distribution

We have modified our workunit distribution policy to increase the number of workunits completed daily by about 23%. We will now send only three results initially and the deadline for returning results has been reduced from three weeks to one week.

調整工作分配政策,將每日工作完成數提高約23%.
以後每個工作只發給三個人算起來(以前四個),
期限也從3週變1週(很趕...)
圖檔

kaoh
單核心電腦
單核心電腦
聯繫:

文章 kaoh » 2006-09-07 13:15

2006-09-09: World Community Grid - FightAIDS@Home Graphics Beta Test
We have launched our first official beta test. We are testing the graphics for FightAIDS@Home. The science application itself is the same as the science application running in the official FightAIDS@Home project. However, we are running this test to make sure that we do not introduce any new errors into the application. The graphics are available on the Windows platform only. We will be running 500 workunits through and if we are satisfied that it is running well then we will release this to the general public. You can check to see if you are signed up to contribue to the BOINC beta testing by visiting this page: https://secure.worldcommunitygrid.org/m ... rofiles.do There will be a seperate 'project' statistics page that will show how much run time, points and results have been returned for the beta test. All time you earn for the beta test will be credited to you in the same way that any other project is credited to you.

出了個AIDS圖形的Beta test....這一批僅500個工作
沒太大問題的話就會正式發布了...
圖檔

kaoh
單核心電腦
單核心電腦
聯繫:

文章 kaoh » 2006-10-06 08:25

2006-10-10: World Community Grid - FightAIDS@Home Graphics
We have launched our first project specific graphics on BOINC. Please sign up, contribute to this great cause and view our new graphics!

AIDS有圖可看了!
如圖:
附加檔案
aids.jpg
aids.jpg (37.67 KiB) 已瀏覽 9664 次
圖檔

kaoh
單核心電腦
單核心電腦
聯繫:

文章 kaoh » 2006-12-23 10:23

"The worst case scenario is that the BOINC servers will be down until Tuesday, December 26, 2006."

從論壇消息看到的,恐怕一個禮拜都碰不到WCG了....
==

WCG因為沒有RSS,所以只能人工貼消息了.....

alexpon
單核心電腦
單核心電腦
文章: 597
註冊時間: 2006-05-10 21:19
newboincstats_no: 21591
CPU 主力專案: 其他專案
來自: Taiwan

文章 alexpon » 2007-04-04 11:33

World Community Grid is pleased to announce that the Help Defeat Cancer (HDC) project is finished. The last work units have been sent out and when the final results are returned, the project will come to an end. This project, which launched on July 20, 2006, will have run for just over 9 months by the time the last results are returned. During this time 88,000 members will have donated 2,900 years of computer time on 138,000 different computers. This is a significant contribution to cancer research.

But the end of this project is really only a beginning. Based on the results, the researchers who are working on this project have a very aggressive plan to make Tissue Microarray technology an integral part of early cancer detection. World Community Grid's team will keep in close touch with the research team and will post updates on the website in the Research pages. The researchers will also continue to update their HDC website with exciting updates about this project and the inroads it is making on cancer research.

On behalf of the research staff at the University of Medicine and Dentistry of New Jersey, World Community Grid's team wish to express our thanks to you for contributing your PC power to this project. With your contribution, this project was completed in a fraction of the time it would otherwise have taken.

We also want to inform you that World Community Grid has started work on a new cancer project to discover ways to accelerate the crystallization process used in studying cancer protein structure using X-ray Crystallography, which will help researchers identify proteins involved in cancers and lead to new drug therapies and cures. We plan to launch this new cancer project in the May/June 2007 time frame. You will receive more information on this project prior to the official launch date.

We still need your help with other ongoing projects! World Community Grid continues to run the FightAIDS@Home, Genome Comparison, Help Cure Muscular Dystrophy and Human Proteome Folding - Phase II projects. These critical research projects need your computer time as well.

IMPORTANT: If you have elected to participate only in the Help Defeat Cancer project (which has now been completed), you must take some action to prevent your World Community Grid agent from sitting idle on your PC until the next cancer project launches. Please sign in to World Community Grid, and from the "My Grid" page, select the "My Projects" link from the menu on the left. From the "My Projects" page, select one or more of the other projects in which you choose to participate. If no action is taken within the next 3 weeks, we will set your default to Participate in All Projects. You will then be automatically enrolled to participate in the next cancer research project when it is launched in May or June.

Again, thank you for your contribution to the highly successful completion of the Help Defeat Cancer project!

參考囉! Help Defeat Cancer (HDC) project 在花了9個月的運行時間 完成了所有運算 幫自己加的油囉 :) 也期望大家能協助WCG其它的小項目
圖檔
圖檔
My State1My State2My State3
My Folding
圖檔
圖檔
圖檔

古詩:手把青秧插滿田 低頭便見水中天 心地清靜方為道 退步原來是向前

kaoh
單核心電腦
單核心電腦
聯繫:

文章 kaoh » 2007-04-05 00:25

好久沒有大消息了,
我今天也收到他的新聞通訊...
HDC工作最近兩三個月我就再也沒接過了,
結果現在已經沒得跑了....

現在倒是狂出HPF2的工作,壓過FAAH....

alexpon
單核心電腦
單核心電腦

文章 alexpon » 2007-05-24 09:37

6 Hour BOINC Outage starting at 1:00 UTC May 24, 2007 Reply to this Post

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
We are going to migrate the BOINC database from running on a 4GB two processor system running MySQL 4.1 to a new server with 8GB and 4 processors running MySQL 5.0. In order to do the migration we are going to need to shutdown the BOINC schedulers for about 6 hours starting at about 1:00 UTC.

[May 23, 2007 7:21:25 PM]

2007/5/24 上午 09:44:16|World Community Grid|Sending scheduler request: Requested by user
2007/5/24 上午 09:44:16|World Community Grid|(not requesting new work or reporting completed tasks)
2007/5/24 上午 09:44:21|World Community Grid|Scheduler request failed: HTTP internal server error
2007/5/24 上午 09:44:21|World Community Grid|Deferring communication for 28 min 44 sec
2007/5/24 上午 09:44:21|World Community Grid|Reason: scheduler request failed

BOINC 如有以上訊息 等Maintain完成

alexpon
單核心電腦
單核心電腦

文章 alexpon » 2007-06-19 14:07

收到 W.C.G Mail 內容轉載 參考囉 H.C.M.D Phase I 完成
World Community Grid is pleased to announce that Phase 1 of the Help Cure Muscular Dystrophy (HCMD) project is coming to a close. This project, which launched on December 19, 2006, will have run for just over seven months by the time the final results for Phase 1 are returned. During this time 106,000 members will have donated more than 8,000 years of computer time on 154,000 different computers. This is a significant contribution to muscular dystrophy research.

The end of Phase 1 means that the researchers are doing significant work in preparation for Phase 2. To learn more about what is going on between phases, please read the posts by Dr. Alessandra Carbone and Dr. Sophie Sacquin-Mora, two of the researchers on the HCMD project, in World Community Grid's forums. In addition, the research team has prepared a progress site which may be reviewed here. Phase 2 is scheduled to start in early 2008. World Community Grid's team will continue to meet with the HCMD researchers on a regular basis and will provide updates on the forums as information becomes available.

We still need your help with other ongoing projects! World Community Grid continues to run the FightAIDS@Home, Genome Comparison, and Human Proteome Folding - Phase II projects. In a few months, we'll be launching new projects for cancer, dengue fever, and climate prediction. All of these important projects need your computer time.

IMPORTANT: If you have elected to participate only in the Help Cure Muscular Dystrophy project, you must take some action to prevent your World Community Grid agent from sitting idle on your PC until the next phase of the project launches. Please sign in to World Community Grid, and from the "My Grid" page, select the "My Projects" link from the menu on the left. From the "My Projects" page, select one or more of the other projects in which you choose to participate. If no action is taken within the next 2 weeks, we will set your default to "Participate in All Projects." You will then be automatically enrolled to participate in any new projects that will be launched later this year.

On behalf of the Help Cure Muscular Dystrophy research staff and World Community Grid's support team, we wish to express our thanks to you for contributing your PC power to this project. With your contribution, this project was completed in a fraction of the time it would otherwise have taken.

kaoh
單核心電腦
單核心電腦
聯繫:

文章 kaoh » 2007-06-19 15:15

值得注意的兩點....
alexpon 寫:Phase 2 is scheduled to start in early 2008.
HCMD第二階段明年初才會再現....
alexpon 寫: In a few months, we'll be launching new projects for cancer, dengue fever, and climate prediction. All of these important projects need your computer time.
要跟CPDN搶生意了?XD
圖檔

alexpon
單核心電腦
單核心電腦

文章 alexpon » 2007-07-10 07:49

World Community Grid has reached the 100,000 years of run time mark! THANK YOU to all our volunteers who have enabled us to reach this amazing milestone! Because of your contributions, results on critical health issues have already been achieved, demonstrating World Community Grid's potential to make significant inroads on a great range of future projects that can benefit the world.

World Community Grid also is pleased to announce that the Fiocruz Genome Comparison (FGC) project is finished. The last work units have been sent out and when the final results are returned, the project will come to an end. This project, which launched on November 16, 2006, will have run for just over 8 months by the time the last results are returned. During this time 146,000 members will have donated 3,800 years of computer time on 280,000 different computers. This is a significant contribution to helping scientists better understand human genes, how they play a role in disease processes, and ultimately in understanding how to devise drugs to combat human diseases.

But the end of this project is really only a beginning. Based on the results, the researchers who are working on this project have a plan to not only use this data, but to also make it available to other researchers. World Community Grid's team will keep in close touch with the research team and will post updates on the website in the Research pages. The researchers will also continue to update their FGC website with exciting updates about this project and the inroads it is making to research.

We still need your help with other ongoing projects! World Community Grid continues to run the FightAIDS@Home and Human Proteome Folding - Phase II projects. These critical research projects need your computer time as well.

We also are preparing three new projects that are due to be launched later this summer, including ones focused on flaviviruses, climate modeling, and cancer. We will publish more information about these projects when they launch.

On behalf of the research staff at Fiocruz, in Rio De Janeiro, Brazil, World Community Grid's team wish to express our thanks to you for contributing your PC power to this project. With your contribution, this project was completed in a fraction of the time it would otherwise have taken.

IMPORTANT: If you have elected to participate only in the Fiocruz Genome Comparison project, you must take some action to prevent your World Community Grid agent from sitting idle on your PC. Please sign in to the World Community Grid website, and from the "My Grid" page, select the "My Projects" link from the menu on the left. From the "My Projects" page, select one or more of the other projects in which you choose to participate. If no action is taken within the next 3 weeks, we will set your default to "Participate in All Projects". You will then be automatically enrolled to participate in the next cancer research project when it is launched in July or August

alexpon
單核心電腦
單核心電腦

文章 alexpon » 2007-09-05 22:24

友版參考
[新闻] WCG 将全面迁移至 BOINC 平台~~
http://www.equn.com/forum/viewthread.ph ... highlight=